ACT / SAT Test Prep Tutor (Hudson, OH)
ATTENTION EDUCATORS! Do you love working with high school students to help them build confidence and achieve their full potential? Are you available on the evenings and/or weekends and looking for supplemental income? Then this might be the perfect position for you!
Estrela Consulting is searching for part-time ACT/SAT Test Prep Tutors as we continue to grow our presence in Northeast Ohio. Our ACT/SAT Tutors guide each student through a highly-individualized tutoring program that focuses on both test-taking strategies and content tutoring. Students completing our programs are better prepared with increased confidence in their ability to perform well on test day. Our one-on-one test prep programs range from 15 to 30 hours and are customized based on each student’s strengths, opportunities and learning style.
Our Test Prep Tutors instruct students primarily at Estrela Consulting’s Hudson, Ohio office using a provided set of proven test-prep materials. Upon hiring, selected tutors will go through a comprehensive training program prior to working with students. This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful and growing entrepreneurial firm.
About Estrela Consulting:
Estrela Consulting was founded in 2008 with the mission of helping families reduce anxiety as they navigate the complex college and school search processes. Our highly individualized approach has helped students from around the world find the “right fit,” both academically and socially, at colleges and independent schools across the U.S. and abroad.
As a full-service educational consulting firm, Estrela Consulting guides students through all facets of the college and school planning process. Our services include assistance with college and school list development, practice interviewing, application and essay review, guidance with the scholarship/financial aid process, and ACT/SAT test preparation.
- Tutor students seeking to improve ACT/SAT test scores
- Assist students in developing test-taking plans and strategies
- Serve as a positive representative of Estrela Consulting
- Passion for helping students succeed and excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building capabilities
- Proactive/self-starter with ability to successfully multi-task
- Team player
- Outstanding listener, always focused on the student’s needs
- Confidentiality a must
- Professional and respectful
- Bachelor of Arts degree
- Experience teaching and/or tutoring
- Demonstrated score proficiency on the ACT and/or SAT
- Flexible schedule; available to work evenings/weekends
- Completion of training program required
- Background check required
Ideal candidates will be be able to tutor across all ACT/SAT content areas. Tutors will be compensated at a rate of $15 to $20 per hour, based on experience. Interested candidates should submit a brief cover letter, resume and three references via Indeed.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted immediately to schedule interviews.
Estrela Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.