Independent Educational Consultant (IEC)
Summary of Position:
Estrela Consulting is searching for Independent Educational Consultants (IECs) to join its college planning team as part of a multi-year growth plan, which includes expansion into new markets. This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful and growing entrepreneurial firm and be part of a dynamic team. While our office is based in Hudson, Ohio, we will consider candidates from all markets who are interested in working remotely as part of a virtual team. We will consider both full and part-time candidates.
As an IEC at Estrela Consulting, you will work directly with students and their families, providing individualized guidance and advice throughout the college/school search and application process. You will offer a highly individualized service to your clients while following Estrela Consulting’s proven process, which results in successful outcomes.
We will provide you with the tools you need to be successful including professional email, branding, web and social media presence, database access, and marketing materials. We will also take care of back office tasks such as admin support, client contracts, billing/collections, and accounting so you can focus on what you do best: guiding students through the college/school search and application process!
About Estrela Consulting:
Estrela Consulting was founded in 2008 with the mission of helping families reduce anxiety as they navigate through the complex college and school search process. Our highly individualized approach has helped students from around the world find the “right fit,” both academically and socially, at colleges and independent schools across the U.S. and abroad.
As a full-service educational consulting firm, Estrela Consulting guides students through all facets of the college and school planning process. Our services include assistance with college and school list development, practice interviewing, application and essay review, guidance with the scholarship/financial aid process, and ACT/SAT test preparation.
- Generate new business and prospective client relationships to grow your market
- Educate clients and prospective clients about the college/school search process
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients, always acting in their best interest
- Provide highly individualized service to clients while following Estrela’s proven process
- Stay up to date on trends and news in higher education
- Develop relationships with college/school admission representatives
- Organize and lead local workshops and seminars
- Represent Estrela Consulting at industry conferences/events (e.g., IECA, HECA, NACAC)
- Passion for delivering an outstanding client experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building capabilities
- Ability to relate well to teenagers and their parents
- Outstanding listener, always focused on the client’s needs
- Experience successfully working with demanding clients
- Highly motivated, self-starter with ability to successfully multi-task
- Ability to work in collaboration with others as part of virtual team
- Willingness to present at industry/professional conferences
- High levels of integrity
- Strong interest in business and career growth
- High energy with dynamic personality
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience as an IEC, as a school-based college counselor, or as a college or school admission representative
- Member of IECA (Independent Educational Consultants Association) or meet eligibility requirements
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Proficient with G-Suite (Google) and/or Microsoft Office
Performance-based compensation with opportunities for growth as Estrela Consulting’s business grows.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and 3 references via Indeed.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule interviews.
Estrela Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.