Every family is different. Some families are seeking the unique opportunities offered by traditional boarding schools, while others are ready to begin the search for the college of their dreams. Whichever category you fall into, Estrela Consulting is here to help.
Sure, it’s easy to find schools via the internet. The difference with Estrela is that, unlike your search engine, we actually visit schools and are able to note changes on each campus.
We meet with admission staff, check out new programs, and continually search for new offerings that might be of interest to you. These professional relationships can directly or indirectly benefit your family. We’re pretty sure no web search can do that for you.
- Interview student and parents/guardians to assess interests, goals and expectations. This can be done in person, via telephone, or online using Skype or FaceTime.
- Evaluation of the student’s academic profile. A recent transcript of grades is necessary for this evaluation. Any academic testing available should also be provided.
- Evaluation of the student’s extracurricular activities, talents and interests. Awards and achievements should also be presented at this time.
- Development of personalized timetable for the school search process including such items as campus visits, application deadlines, testing dates, and decision making.
- Research and development of initial list of possible “best-fit” schools.
- Communicate with potential schools to determine likelihood of student’s candidacy for admission.
- Conduct practice interview sessions with both students and parents. This can be done in person or via Skype or FaceTime.
- Review completed application materials prior to submission. Proofreading of essays/writing samples will also be done at this time.
- Assist with the financial aid application and scholarship search processes. Assist with the review of awards as they are received.
- Provide guidance with the final decision making process.
- Provide follow-up throughout the first year of placement. Support provided as needed.
For more information, including a list of packages/services available, please complete our Contact Form, or email us directly.
Estrela Consulting accepts no fees, commissions or remunerations from educational institutions for placing students. Fees are paid by the client in exchange for services rendered; they are based on the specific needs of that individual. Complimentary initial conversation is available to determine if consultation services are needed. Estrela Consulting respects the integrity of the consulting relationship and all relevant information is held in the strictest confidence.